Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our Fancy Face Turns 3


As most people know, I live for a good party. But when our summer plans changed at the last minute and I decided to come spend the summer in Raleigh with Travis, the plans for an elaborate 'fancy nancy' birthday party had to be put on hold. Maybe next year.

So for this year we switched gears and opted for a simpler strawberry party. I have to say, for a last minute party, thrown in an apartment that isn't mine, I was very happy with the results. Mostly because we were so blessed to have so many special family members with us that probably couldn't have made it to Idaho! It was very special for Presley to have her cousins from both sides of the family here. That is a special treat that doesn't happen very often for us!

Here are a few highlights from her special day...

The table before the food...
The table after the food...

Pork tenderloin with strawberry sauce, fruit with strawberry dip, rolls with strawberry jam, & strawberry fields salad. (I hope none of our guests have a strawberry allergy)

Strawberry marshmallows, strawberry milkshake whoppers, and strawberry filled candy.
Strawberry topiary.
The cake! Strawberry with lemon curd filling...yum!
Strawberry champagne cupcakes & Strawberry lemonade cupcakes.
Strawberry lemonade.
Treats for our wonderful guests to take home. Strawberry cake pops and strawberry freezer jam.

Welcoming her guests.
The kids had strawberry jam and cream cheese sandwiches. I'm pretty sure Presley ate 27!
"Mom, can we plllleeeassse have the cake now?"
I hope all here wishes come true!
She told me later that eating cake was her favorite part. That's my girl!

After cake, they did some playing. So many kids, such a small apartment! Slightly chaotic!
Gather round, its time for presents!

She asked for a 'Prince Charming' to marry her bride doll! She is kind of obsessed with royalty and I love it!
(and no, I don't know why suddenly everything I type is underlined. And no, I can't seem to turn it off!)

Gotta love the ribbon tug-o-war.

Dr. Presley showed up to open a few more gifts!
Dr. Presley & Nurse Lily. Thanks for the cute costume Mimi & Papa!
Thanks for coming!!
Thanks so much to all of our loved ones that came, especially the ones that made a long drive just to be here for this! It meant so much to Presley and me. And thanks to all the helpers I had setting up and cleaning up!

Happy Birthday Fancy Face! So glad you're mine!

0 comments: