Sunday, March 16, 2008

Make Me Laugh Monday: Attack of the Killer Mice

Well, amongst all the other chaos and drama that has been going on over the past few weeks the most traumatic event of all happened about 2 weeks ago. Travis and I had just come home from a nice dinner date at the collage and I, as usual, thought I was going to pee my pants by the time we got to the house (one of the many joys of pregnancy) so I hopped out of the car before it had even come to a complete stop and ran as fast as I could to our master bathroom and sat down on the toilet. That is when my worst nightmare of all time came true. I saw a mouse run across the other side of the room and crawl into a hole in our cabinets (thanks to them not being finished)! I cannot even describe the horror that ran through my body! I really honestly thought I might have a heart attack right there on the toilet! I screamed so loud I thought a neighbor might call the police, yet Travis was still out in the garage and somehow didn't hear me. I picked my feet up off the floor and continued to scream bloody murder for about five minutes straight. The mouse was long gone, but I didn't know what to do with myself. Finally Travis heard my screams and came dashing in. As soon as he came in I started to explain what happened and burst into hysterical tears! I was seriously traumatized. I made Travis carry me to the bed and I cried all night long! I had never seen a mouse in person before, except in a pet store. It was horrifying! I couldn't bring myself to walk on the floor in the bathroom for almost two straight weeks.

My family got such a kick out of my trauma! I'm not sure why they find my fright so hilarious (maybe the fact that I was on the toilet added to the humor), but I'm glad I can provide them with some entertainment! So a few days later I got this email from my sister, and the subject line read "Remember the last time you were attacked by mice?"



First of all, Lex you have too much time on your hands! But it totally made my day, and I really needed a good laugh this week! Thanks! But you could have used a more flattering picture! (Jimmy, your gross emails of mice pictures made me sick, I didn't love those.)

4 comments:

Wilder Family said...

HA! That is such a hilarious picture. I Love it!

lexi said...

You haven't talked to me since I sent that, I was beginning to think you were mad. Glad you thought it was as funny as me. I almost peed my pants laughing when I made it. (It only took me a minute, by the way!)

Our Little Fam said...

That picture, and that story made me laugh so hard. Hey you need to go to chaly or karolyn's blog. The picture of them is great. Also it brought back such great cousin memories at grandma's. I miss those days. hey we need to get dani to start a blog. lets work on that.

indeazgirl said...

awesome mice picture! Remind me someday to tell you about my mouse in Pocatello...