Sunday, March 16, 2008

On a happier note...

Everyone has been bugging me for a baby update, so here it is!

First of all, The Bellies!




As you can see, the bellies (both of them) are growing everyday! Having to eat out 3 meals a day (see last post) is obviously having its effect on both of us, okay mostly me! I still can't believe it is going to get SO much bigger in the next four months!

Second, for those of you that haven't heard...I'm having an alien baby! I can't believe I'm actually going to post these pictures but they are too freaky and crazy not to! Travis and I came home from dinner one night and as I was taking off my coat I looked down and was shocked to see a large bump on my bump! It looked like my baby was pregnant! It was the weirdest thing, so we took pictures and sent them off to family to see what they thought. After a few intrigued and concerned phone calls from our moms and families, I decided to go to the doctor just to be safe. Turns out it really isn't too big of a deal. It is called diastasis recti and means that my abdominal muscles split apart in the middle allowing the contents of my stomach (baby, uterus, etc) to bulge through the middle in a sort of mock hernia. Sounds nasty, I know, but it really just means I'll have to work extra hard after the baby is born to ever have a normal looking stomach again! So please ignore the grossness of looking at my pasty white flabby tummy and just enjoy the weirdness of these pictures!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bellies are great!

kecia said...

oh my whit! Lexi was telling me about this so I had to see for myself. That is crazy! But you look so stickin adorable in your first belly picture!

Cardon Family said...

You look so good and cute! That is crazy about that bump! I didn't even know that that could happen....but I am glad that it isn't supposed to be that big of a deal!

indeazgirl said...

First off, Travis, you look amazing!
And Whitney, thanks for showing off another interesting insight to this whole pregnancy thing! You are completely beautiful!