Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Easy To Please

I've always seen sitcoms where the husband does something stupid, the wife gets mad, the husband buys the wife flowers, and instantly all is forgiven and life is wonderful again.  Seems kind of ridiculous when you are watching it, like flowers can just make everything all better! Yeah right! 



Well I have to admit it...I am totally a sucker for flowers!  I don't know why flowers work, but they do.  They shouldn't be enough to make up for all the stupid things men do, but there is something about getting  an unexpected bouquet of flowers that just melts my heart!  This weekend we had plans to go to Shakespeare in the park and I was very excited to finally get out of the house and do something with Travis.  Well, I got Presley and I all ready and packed up to go and ended up waiting on the couch for hours when Travis got stuck at work and long story short we never got to see the play.  I was more than a little irritated considering I've been stuck in a little apartment all week and this was my first chance to get out of the house.  When Trav finally got home I was prepared to let him know exactly how I felt (probably not very nicely), but lucky for him he walked in with 2 dozen roses (one for me and one for presley).  While I can't say it made it all better, it certainly calmed the storm!  So although I would like to say that I'm above letting a simple bouquet of flowers persuade my stand on things... what can I say, I'm a woman and I love getting flowers!

2 comments:

Cardon Family said...

It sounds like Trav totally knows how to win your heart!!:) That is sweet....and I am glad you still got to see Shakespeare in the Park after all!:)

Curt and Amy said...

that's so sweet of Travis to bring you girls flowers! That's the perfect way to smooth over a aguement! every girl wants flowers!