Friday, May 2, 2008

The Bellies!

Well these are a little old now and most of you have probably already seen them on my sister's blog, but oh well!

While I was home in Cleveland visiting, Lex and I thought it would be fun to get some shots of the twin bellies.  Her cute friend Jen offered to take them for us out at the beach, but of course we picked the nastiest night to do it!  It was so freaking cold!  I wish we had a video camera to capture the event.  In between every picture we would put on our winter coats and shoes and throw them off the second Jen was ready to snap a picture.  My hair was standing straight up in the wind and Lexi had mascara running down her face from the cold and wind.  It was hilarious. So the end result is some great pictures of the beach, some less than great pictures of me, and lots of fun memories.  Jen did an awesome job on the photography part, I just wish we had been better subjects!







 



These are probably the last pictures you will see posted of me for awhile...  Just think, if I'm this big now, you're not going to want to look at pictures of me in 3 months! Plus we'd have to buy a wide angle lens!  For those of you that haven't seen my giganticness in person, here are a few of my favorite comments people have made recently...

~"Any day now!" (I get this at least once every time I go out in public, little do they know I have 3 more months)
~"If your sister is due a month before you, why are you so much bigger than her?"
~"Wow, you are due after your sister?  When I saw you at church I thought you must be ready to pop any day now!"
~(said to Lexi and I) "Which one of you is due first?  Must be you (pointing to me)!"
~"Here, carry this, maybe it will help get your labor started." (If I want to have my baby 3 months early!)
~"Wow, you're not due until July?  You must be having a very big baby!"
~ I took my niece to the store to get balloons for her mom who was in the hospital giving birth.  She told the lady working there that she was getting the balloons for her baby sister that was being born that day.  The lady looks up at me and says "oh, you're having the baby today? Congratulations!"  I wanted to say 'yes, just thought I'd pick myself up some balloons on the way to the hospital to congratulate myself!'

Sometimes I just wonder if people think before they speak!  At least it keeps me laughing, I love watching people's jaws drop when they ask when I'm due and I say July!

4 comments:

Cam and Chaly said...

You look so cute! I love the pictures! Also, on the whole anemia thing, I just found out how bad mine was a week ago, I am pretty sure we did not get good iron genes in this family (or thyroid for that matter).

S and K said...

Love the pictures, such a cute idea! And I think you look adorable pregnant! I'm glad you are back and posting!

Cardon Family said...

I think you look so good! Those pictures are darling and such a good idea! It is crazy what people that you have never met before can say to you....so many people have no tact at all...I would just agree with them so they will get on with their shopping and you can get on with yours....thats what I would do when I was pregnant!:)

kecia said...

your bellies are so stinkin cute! I can't wait to find out what you have! You are so adorable!