Thursday, May 29, 2008

Nocturnal

noc·tur·nal
Pronunciation:
\näk-ˈtər-nəl\
Middle English, from Anglo-French or Late Latin; Anglo-French nocturnel, from Late Latin nocturnalis, from Latin nocturnus of night, nocturnal, from noct-, nox night
Date:
15th century
1 : of, relating to, or occurring in the night
2 : active at night

— noc·tur·nal·ly \-nəl-ē\ adverb

Lately it seems like this definition for 'nocturnal' fits me to a t. No matter what I try, I can't seem to help being "active at night!" I don't think I've had a normal nights sleep for about 2 weeks at least and I have a feeling its not going to get any better for a long time! I don't know what is wrong with me but I am up all night and sleeping all day! I guess my body is preparing for this baby!

The only reason I'm posting about this is to apologize to people that have been trying to get ahold of me or wondering where I am all day...well, I'm most likely sleeping! Hopefully I can get used to this crazy schedule soon, but for now it has meant lots of naps during the day. So if you are awake and bored during the middle of the night, give me a call...I'll be up! All I can say is thank goodness for nick at nite!

4 comments:

indeazgirl said...

You can always call me! I mean, sometimes I will be at work, but you're pretty safe calling until 3. I finally got on a day schedule at the end of this week, but then it started to feel weird and I was up until 6 this morning! Crazy!

S and K said...

I know exactly what you are going through. I do the same thing when I'm pregnant. I don't get it, and sorry to tell ya it doesn't make it any easier to be up in the middle of the night with a the new babe! :( But it might help just being sleep deprived all the time? WHO knows. Have fun being a night owl, and the great naps during the day!!! WAHOO for naps!

linda said...

Whitney, you're so darn cute!

Love you!

Suzy Hicks said...

Soon you'll be posting that same definition, but you'll be refering to your new baby. It's good you're already in this routine. My advice would be keep it because then your transition into motherhood will be much easier :) By the way our address is www.hicksology.blogspot.com I'm glad we can be blogging buddies now!